Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2003, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 8 Jan 2003 18:11:42 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Yu Guo <Yu.Guo@VERISPAN.COM>
Subject:      Problem to export dataset to Excel file when having missing value

Hello,

I met a problem when I tried to export a dataset to Excel file when having missing value. In the excel file, I suppose the missing value should either occupied an empty cell or show '.' in the cell. But in fact, the cell respected to the missing value just disappeared so that the data on the left side will shift one cell left. Below is an example for this problem. In test1.xls an empty cell is generated for the missing value, while in test2.xls, the missing value disappeared and data shift left for one cell. Does anybody know how to let it export missing data correctly to EXCEL file?

Thanks!

-Raymond

data test1; input c1 c2 c3 c4 c5 c6; cards; 1 . 3 4 5 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 run;

data test2; input c1 c2 c3 c4 c5 c6; cards; 1 2 . 3 5 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 run;

PROC EXPORT DATA = test1 OUTFILE = "test1.xls" DBMS = EXCEL REPLACE; run;

PROC EXPORT DATA = test2 OUTFILE = "test2.xls" DBMS = EXCEL REPLACE; run;