Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2003, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 21 Jan 2003 13:34:42 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Patrice.Bourdages@IAAH.CA
Subject:      Re: Porting a SAS program from Windows to CICS
Comments: To: joao.fonseca@UNICRE.PT

Well... It depends.

If you have platform specific code, it won't work. For example, take the following statements:

Unix: libname abc "/export/server/whatever";

Windows: libname abcd "p:\whatever\directory";

They both have the same fonction but won't work in the other environment.

But this code:

data x; a = 1; b = 2; c = a + b; run;

will work on either platform.

To be on the safe side, you could post all (or a portion) of the code generated by Enterprise Miner.

I have tons of programs that runs on either Windows 2000 and Solaris (Unix). It's just a matter of changing to the appropriate directory in most instances.

Hope this helps a little...

Sincerely yours,

Patrice Bourdages Information Systems Analyst Industrielle Alliance, car and home insurance

-----Message d'origine----- De : JMF [mailto:joao.fonseca@UNICRE.PT] Envoyé : 21 janvier, 2003 12:32 À : SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Objet : Porting a SAS program from Windows to CICS

I have a SAS program than was generated by Entrpise Miner. this SAS program runs in BASE SAS in windows environment.

I want to uses this program on CICS is there a way to convert this SAS program?

thanks JMF