Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2003)Back to main CICS-L pageJoin or leave CICS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 3 Feb 2003 11:16:20 -0500
Sender:       CICS List <CICS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Jim Anglim <JimA@DARBYGRP.COM>
Subject:      Re: Need to know if task, CSKL, dies

i would be interested in a copy also. tia jim anglim

-----Original Message----- From: Mark Thurlo [mailto:Mark.C.Thurlo@SUPERVALU.COM] Sent: Monday, February 03, 2003 10:22 AM To: CICS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Need to know if task, CSKL, dies

In our system I wrote a little program that runs once every so many minutes to verify that the socket interface is active. This program does the following:

1. Scan the list of active trans in the system looking for CSKL 2. If CSKL is not active, start it 3. If CSKL is now active, perform a loopback test by creating a socket connection to another program within the same region 4. if either CSKL won't come active, or the loopback test failed, write hi-lighted messages to the console

If you're interested I could send you a copy so you could have an example of how to do this.

Mark Thurlo SuperValu