Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2003)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 8 Feb 2003 15:20:30 -0500
Sender:       Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Michael and Kate Bell <birdbrainy@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Grady Co.

Hi there,

I was down at Birdsong Nature Center in Grady Co. this morning. It was pretty slow, though I did manage to find 4 Henslow's Sparrows and a Grasshopper Sparrow. Henslow's can again be found there this winter, though they don't seem to be as plentiful as they were last year. The most unusual sighting I had, however, was on the way home along Gainy Rd., also in Grady Co. A beautiful male Ring-necked Pheasant was seen alongside the road. I know they are occasionally seen in Georgia, but this was the first one I have seen this side of the Atlantic.

Another note on Cedar Waxwings. I saw a few small flocks in southwest GA during November, but have not seen any since. I did however see about 1000 around the parking lot at Ft. Pulaski near Savannah on 25th Jan.

All the best, Michael Bell Bainbridge, GA