Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2003)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 25 Feb 2003 12:17:29 -0500
Sender:       Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Mark Freeman <roam2bird@CS.COM>
Subject:      Sandhill Cranes, Oconee County

On my way in to work this morning I had one of those great birding moments, an unexpected bird sighting when your mind is elsewhere, thinking of the workday ahead. A pasture I drive by regularly had 70 Sandhill Cranes on the ground. Great way to start off the day! The pasture is just northeast of the intersection of Colham Ferry Rd and Rose Creek Rd in Oconee county, just south of Watkinsville. Delorme pg 28, A3.

This is very near Bell Lake where 2 Snow Geese were present from Feb 9 thru Feb20.

Mark Freeman Athens, GA roam2bird@cs.co