Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2003, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 4 Feb 2003 09:51:15 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Yu Guo <Yu.Guo@VERISPAN.COM>
Subject:      Re: Excel Import
Comments: To: MPW <wolf.m@EI.COM>

A easy way is cut and insert the rows of February to the beginning, assuming February data are not listed as "missing". thus SAS will recognize the date as number( or say, date) field.

Raymond

From: MPW <wolf.m@EI.COM> on 02/04/2003 09:20 AM Please respond to MPW <wolf.m@EI.COM>@SMTP@ExchangePA To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU@SMTP@ExchangePA cc:

Subject: Excel Import

Hi all,

I'm trying to import a dataset from Excel and have run into a problem. The set contains data for each day of 2001 going down the page (366 rows, including the header) and each hour of the day going across the page (25 columns, including the date column). The problem is that the data for January and thus the first 31 rows of data, are listed as "MISSING" and SAS is determining that this is a text field. The later months however have numerical data that I need to import but since SAS has determined the data type is text, it will not import the data. How can I get around this?

TIA,

Matt