Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2003, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 6 Feb 2003 20:55:01 +0100
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Lex Jansen <l.jansen@LEX-JANSEN.DEMON.NL>
Subject:      Re: Export multiple sas datasets to one excel file

Amy,

see: http://support.sas.com/techsup/unotes/SN/006/006695.html

Three programs are now available to export multiple SAS data sets to multiple sheets in Excel Workbooks. They are available at the following web address:

http://ftp.sas.com/techsup/download/base

MACROEXPORTERNEW.SAS creates a new workbook with multiple sheets from multiple SAS datasets.

MACROEXPORTERNEWSHEETLOOP.SAS creates a new workbook with multiple sheet names from multiple sas datasets but gives the excel sheet names in a series, such as sheet1, sheet2, etc. You can specify the name of the series. (Such as balance1, balance2 etc).

MACROEXPORTEREXISTING.SAS updates an existing workbook and can add multiple sheets from multiple SAS databases. If a sheet already exists with the same name, an option to replace the sheet or increment the sheet is available in the program.

These programs should be run on Windows platforms only with Version 8 of the SAS System or later.

Lex Jansen

"Amy Lavis" <alavis@DFMC.ORG> wrote in message news:200302060149.h161niA08650@listserv.cc.uga.edu... > Hi, > > I'm trying to write a procedure to export multiple sas datasets into one > excel file with either several worksheets. I tried the wizard and got this > but can't seem to figure out how to add more than one sas file to the same > excel table. For example, I would like to export test1 - test10 into one > test.xls with 10 worksheets. > > PROC EXPORT DATA= WORK.test > OUTFILE= "C:\My Documents\test.xls" > DBMS=EXCEL2000 REPLACE ; > RUN; > > I've done it before but forgot the syntax.