Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2003, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 21 Feb 2003 13:48:52 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Kevin Viel <kviel@EMORY.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Make directory listing available as a macro variable

Rodney,

There is a method for pipes but I do not have my code handy. I never seems to remember it. However, I do remember some SCL functions available to the data step:

data _null_; length list $ 1000; rc=filename("XL", "C:\Excel");

dirid=dopen("XL"); dcnt=dnum(dirid);

if dcnt>0 then do i=1 to dcnt; rd=dread(dirid, i); if index(rd, ".xls") then do; if list=" " then list=rd || " * "; else list=compbl(list) || trim(left(rd)) || " * " ; end; end; call symput("XL", list);

rc=dclose(dirid); run;

%put &xl.;

Regards,

Kevin Viel Department of Epidemiology Rollins School of Public Health Emory University Atlanta, GA 30329

----- Original Message ----- From: "rpresley" <rpresley@GMCF.ORG> Newsgroups: bit.listserv.sas-l To: <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> Sent: Friday, February 21, 2003 12:35 PM Subject: Make directory listing available as a macro variable