Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2003, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Fri, 28 Mar 2003 12:29:49 -0600
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Deshon, Joe A [PCS]" <jdesho01@SPRINTSPECTRUM.COM>
Subject:   End of file with cards4 statement

Is there a way to detect the end of file while using a cards4 statement? There is no infile statement to put an end= option. I need to use a cards4 because my data has embedded semi-colons.

I guess I could use a dummy stopper-records, like all 9's or something like that. But I was looking for something a little more elegant.

Joe DeShon Manager, Advanced Applications Development PCS Marketing & Sales Analysis Group Sprint PCS 6130 Sprint Parkway Mailstop: KSOPHJ0114-1A504 Overland Park KS 66251 Work: (913) 762-6172 PCS: (816) 210-0950 Fax: (913) 762-0804 email: jdesho01@sprintspectrum.com