Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2003, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 24 Mar 2003 12:52:29 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Jack Hamilton <JackHamilton@FIRSTHEALTH.COM>
Subject:      Re: Use variable twice in PROC REPORT
Comments: To: notawahoo@YAHOO.COM

Use a column alias. This code:

===== data test; input @1 region $1. @3 value; put (_all_) (=); cards; N 1 S 2 ;;;; run;

proc format; value $region 'N' = 'North' 'S' = 'South'; run;

proc report data=test nocenter nowindows;

column region region=region2 value;

define region / width=6; define region2 / format=$region. width=5;

run; =====

will produce this output:

===== regio region n value N North 1 S South 2

=====

I should have set a width of 6 on region2 also.

-- JackHamilton@FirstHealth.com Manager, Technical Development Metrics Department, First Health West Sacramento, California USA

>>> "Nancy Kay" <notawahoo@YAHOO.COM> 03/24/2003 11:35 AM >>> I want to summarize my data by Region and print a report showing both the Region code and the Region Description. The Region Description is determined by looking up the region code in a FORMAT, and it does not exist as a variable on the incoming dataset.

A Central Virginia 150 B Northern Virginia 27 C Other Virginia 71 D Other USA 4

How can I specify the two versions of Region in PROC REPORT, since they're actually the same variable?

TIA,

Nancy