Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2003, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 24 Mar 2003 13:15:40 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Ishira <ishirapundit@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      SAS online-tutorial - pharmaceutical company

Hello all,

I am new to SAS. I was wondering if you could help me answer some of my questions.

1. Is learning SAS through e-tutorial online at SAS.com sufficient to be able to confidently apply for a SAS programmer job in a pharmaceutical company?

2. I saw that SAS has numerous components like SAS/ACCESS,SAS/CONNECT,BASE SAS,SAS/Datawarehousing etc. I would like to know which of these componets should I learn about to be able to handle databases in a pharmaceutical company?

3. What do the main entry level SAS jobs in pharmaceutical companies involve?

I am a computer science Master's student and wish to extend my skill set so that I can i ncrease my chances of getting a job. My programming skills are really good and I do have expertise in databases.

Do you think it is wise to buy this online tutorial? What should I do and what software should I mainly concentrate on.

Thank you all for your answers.

Ishira