Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2003, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 25 Mar 2003 18:26:20 +0100
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Michael.Eckhardt@T-SYSTEMS.COM
Subject:      AW: help with an occurs in Proc Sql

Arto,

SELECT * , COUNT (*) FROM mylib."TABLE_OF_CARS" WHERE city = 'chicago' AND mileage > 25

... will produce exactly what you were asking for while I'm not sure if it is what you wanted ...

So if you have 10000 cars with mileage > 25 in your table you get 10000 lines with just an additional column _TEMG001 containing the distinct value 10000 across all rows (?).

btw: Unless you can be absolutely positive about column CITY containing only lower cases you're better off with looking for LOWCASE(city) = "chicago";

Mit freundlichen Gru?en Best regards

Michael Eckhardt Berater Business Intelligence T-Systems Systems Integration Geschaftsstelle Darmstadt/FDL-Mitte Frankfurter Str. 27

65760 Eschborn Tel. (06196) 961-540 Fax (0711) 120303-014499 Mobil (0171) 5762151

E-mail: Michael.Eckhardt@t-systems.com Internet: http://www.t-systems.de

"Unfortunately, the current generation of mail programs do not have checkers to see if the sender knows what he is talking about" (A. S. Tanenbaum)

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht----- Von: Arto Raiskio [mailto:arto@RAISKIO.COM] Gesendet: Dienstag, 25. Marz 2003 18:07 An: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Betreff: help with an occurs in Proc Sql

could someone post a sample syntax for displaying in Proc Sql the counter for a given value exceeding a limit?

for example. if my SQL Database contains cars and the city is 'chicago' and I want only cars with gasmileage over 25 per gallon

libname mylib odbc noprompt="driver=(SQL Server);server=xx,uid=xx;pwd=xx;database=xxx"; proc sql dquote=ansi; create table mytable as select * from mylib."the_table_of_cars" where (city = 'chicago' AND mileage > 25) ;

now add to that a counter for how many cars, ie. something like

create table mytable as select *, (select count(*) mileage > 25) from mylib."the_table_of_cars" where (city = 'chicago' AND mileage > 25) ;

help?