Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2003)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 8 Apr 2003 13:06:22 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Chris Fisher <cfisher@jjay.cuny.edu>
Subject:      Compute Question

I'll try to explain this as clearly as possible...

I need to compute how long clients were in a program. Originally the data was done so that clients had multiple cases. Thanks to the list it has been restructured so each client has one row.

Everytime a client came in they had their tracking data recorded (11/28/2003), and a round (Round1, Round2, etc) denoted.

So in the new restructured database it goes.

ID Tracking1 Rd1 Tracking 2 Rd 2 ...... 213 11/28/03 1 12/28/03 2

I need to subtract the clients last tracking date from their first tracking data. The issue is they all had different numbers of tracking dates....some with 2, one with 44, and all in between.

Any suggestions? either syntax or a logic computation.

Greatly Appreciate Any Help

Chris Fisher