Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2003, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 3 Apr 2003 07:58:43 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Iyue Sung <isung@EPIDEMIOLOGY.COM>
Subject:      Marginal Effects for Generalized Linear Models

Hello All,

Does anyone know of any Macros floating about that calculates marginal means for generalized linear models?

For example, if I have covariates Age, Gender and Treatment (levels A,B,C), I'd like to estimate, say, the mean Proportion (or Incidence Rate) for each Treatment level; analogous to a least-squares mean.

I've searched quite a bit; but the closest I've gotten is that PROC GENMOD, for example, will provide marginal log(Incidence Rates), with the LSMEANS options.

I'd like the marginal means on the original scale, and the associated var./cov. estimates. It wouldn't be too bad to write a Macro I suppose (though I'm quite rusty with IML), or some code in S+ to do it 'by hand'.

But at the very least, seeing someone else's Macro, or if SAS already has the capability that I'm not aware of, would be good confirmation for what I believe the correct estimates are.

Many Thanks, Iyue