Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2003, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 9 Apr 2003 12:02:42 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         John Ladds <John.Ladds@STATCAN.CA>
Subject:      Re: Sampling Question

Try the following code:

**Create a random number; data theSample; set theData; seed=1234; drop seed; rn=ranuni(seed); run;

**Sort the dataset by the random number; proc sort data=theSample; by rn; run;

**Keep how ever many observations you need; data theSample; set theSample; drop rn; if _n_> 500; run;

John -----Original Message----- From: Action Man [mailto:wollo_desse@hotmail.com] Sent: April 9, 2003 10:20 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Sampling Question

Hi Fellow SAS users;

I have 7,000 records in my SAS file. Out of these records I want to pick 500 of them randomly, How do I do that using SAS.

Thank you in advance.

Wollo

_________________________________________________________________ Help STOP SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail