Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2003, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 9 May 2003 14:50:20 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Randy Herbison <RandyHerbison@WESTAT.COM>
Subject:      Re: SAS/AF on the mainframe
Comments: To: Magnus Jansson <drgonzo3@HOTMAIL.COM>

Magnus,

Although I've never done it myself, I'm a little skeptical about the claim that SAS/AF frame entries cannot be used on a mainframe. Maybe I missed something somewhere, but I've never read it in the documentation or heard anyone from SAS say it. What I have heard and read would indicate the opposite. A quick search of the SAS notes at support.sas.com shows many FRAME entry notes that pertain to mainframe operating systems as well as others supported by SAS.

RandyHerbison@westat.com

-----Original Message----- From: Magnus Jansson [mailto:drgonzo3@HOTMAIL.COM] Sent: Friday, May 09, 2003 11:16 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS/AF on the mainframe

For mainframe AF applications you cannot use frames, and that's the part of AF that they teach nowadays. The original version 6 AF applications were text-based. That part is called "program entries" and thats' what you need to use to develop mainframe AF applications. It works just fine, and it is portable!

Magnus Jansson Infotrek Sweden

Paula Sims <paula_sims00@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<MPG.1924bdc712d819e49896dd@news.chi.sbcglobal.net>... > Hello all, > I need to write an interface program on the mainframe and it was > suggested that SAS/AF was the cheapest (we already have the license) > and "easiest" way to go. My only problem is that all the books I've > glanced through seem to be focused on SAS/AF for Windows (or UNIX). > Are there any book (or better, pre-written code) that I can review? > How well do the Windows statements translate to the mainframe > environment? > > Thanks