Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2003, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Mon, 12 May 2003 10:32:56 -0400
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Fehd, Ronald J. (PHPPO)" <rjf2@CDC.GOV>
Subject:   Re: OT: Tufte: Presenting Data and Information
Comments:   cc: Dave Andrae <daandrae@yahoo.com>

> From: Dave Andrae [mailto:daandrae@yahoo.com] > I read his display of quantitative information book for my > dissertation and thought it was a good book to reference for > anyone who needed to present data. > > Some of the issues presented were common sensical, but he > definitely is in favor of parsimony.

"Information is the difference that makes a difference."

As a -major- producer of summaries [sound of chain-saws mowing down trees on the way to paper-hood] that may, -- or may not -- contain information, as defined above, I could definitely use someone who believes in the possibility of a report:

"This page intentionally left blank because there is no information in the data."

Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2@cdc.gov

do not fold, spindle, or mutilate -- IBM punch card ... the (lack of) information