Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2003, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 14 May 2003 11:50:49 -0600
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Jack Hamilton <JackHamilton@FIRSTHEALTH.COM>
Subject:   Re: Space problem
Comments:   To: batawfic@YAHOO.COM

The easiest way to do this is by using a view:

===== proc sql; create view neworder as select column2, column1 from oldorder; quit; =====

An alternative is to use a data step view.

But why do you think you need to do this?

-- JackHamilton@FirstHealth.com Manager, Technical Development Metrics Department, First Health West Sacramento, California USA

>>> Basem <batawfic@YAHOO.COM> 05/14/2003 10:37 AM >>> I have 250 Million record in dataset A

I want to exchange the order of columns, this means that column 1 appears as the second column. I do not have enough space to use datastep.

Is there any way to do this while working on the same dataset, something like changing some features in dataset header for example so they change their columns order?