Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2003, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 21 May 2003 11:35:41 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Charles Patridge <Charles_S_Patridge@PRODIGY.NET>
Subject:      Re: Statement placement
Comments: To: "David M. Kellerman" <kellermandavid@YAHOO.COM>

Dear Dave,

As someone pointed out to me, I used %put and not put - hence, I was wrong sorry.

And yes, you are correct about the order of the SET and IF statements not providing the same results.

I'll try to come up with a good explanation unless someone already has.

Sorry for any confusion I am have caused you, Charles Patridge

56 data a3; delete; run;

NOTE: The data set WORK.A3 has 0 observations and 0 variables. NOTE: DATA statement used: real time 0.01 seconds cpu time 0.01 seconds

57 58 DATA _NULL_; 59 IF HOWMANY = 0 THEN DO; 60 put 'no records to process'; 61 END; 62 SET A3 NOBS=HOWMANY; 63 RUN;

no records to process NOTE: There were 0 observations read from the data set WORK.A3. NOTE: DATA statement used: real time 0.03 seconds cpu time 0.01 seconds

64 65 data a3; delete; run;

NOTE: The data set WORK.A3 has 0 observations and 0 variables. NOTE: DATA statement used: real time 0.00 seconds cpu time 0.00 seconds

66 67 DATA _NULL_; 68 SET A3 NOBS=HOWMANY; 69 IF HOWMANY = 0 THEN DO; 70 put 'no records to process'; 71 END; 72 RUN;

NOTE: There were 0 observations read from the data set WORK.A3. NOTE: DATA statement used: real time 0.00 seconds cpu time 0.00 seconds