Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2003, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 23 May 2003 23:30:42 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Howard Schreier <Howard_Schreier@ITA.DOC.GOV>
Subject:      Re: Removing Trailing Blanks from a Macro variable and Index

It's important to distinguish between a macrovariable's name and its value.

The first argument to SYMPUT provides the name and the second provides the value.

Try using the TRIM function on the value, which comes from the data step variable _SOURCE_.

call symput (trim('IndepVar'||ii),trim(_SOURCE_));