Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2003)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 20 Jun 2003 16:17:04 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Mark Casazza <mark.casazza@domino1.cuny.edu>
Subject:      Re: LOOP / XSAVE command hanging
Comments: To: Sally Zitzer <sallyz@u.washington.edu>

Sally, do you by any chance have an XP machine with an unpatched version of SPSS but with the rest of your normal institutional software/network? Does it do the same thing?

Mark Casazza Director of Academic Information The City University of New York 555 West 57th St. Suite 1240 New York, NY 10019

phone: 212.541.0396 fax: 212.541.0372 mark.casazza@mail.cuny.edu

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of Sally Zitzer Sent: Friday, June 20, 2003 4:06 PM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: LOOP / XSAVE command hanging

Kylie,

I *DO* get the same problem you do, you are not alone. I run Windows XP with SPSS 11.5.2. I tried your syntax.

After awhile I got a message "The processor has terminated due to an unrecoverable error at 0x64f0075f - writing to 0x00000004.

At the bottom of all the SPSS windows it says "SPSS Processor is unavailable". The data editor shows A, B, C, D, E, .... U and the Variable View is hosed, the labels along the top are A, B, C, D, .... J.

This time I was able to close SPSS without using Task Manager. *BUT* I have other syntax with XSAVE in a LOOP which does similar weird things and forces me to use the Task Manager to shut down SPSS.

Sally

Sally Zitzer, Statistical Software Consultant Computing & Communications University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA