Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2003)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 23 Jun 2003 17:36:19 +0200
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Rita Clivio <Clivio@databank.it>
Subject:      R:      duplicate records

Hi Arnaldo, I think it could work.

DATA LIST FREE / id num_rep var1. BEGIN DATA 1 2 30 2 1 50 3 3 20 4 1 60 END DATA. EXE.

LOOP #i=1 TO num_rep. + XSAVE OUTFILE 'c:\temp\aggr.sav' . END LOOP. EXE.

GET FILE 'c:\temp\aggr.sav'.

Bye

Rita

-----Messaggio originale----- Da: Arnaldo Ferrari Nasi [mailto:afn@libero.it] Inviato: luned́ 23 giugno 2003 17.18 A: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Oggetto: duplicate records

Hi List.

I have a datafile with more records and variables. There is a numeric variable "num_rep". I want to duplicate records when num_rep >1 and I want to duplicate every record how many times that is the value num_rep.

Any idea?

Tia. Arnaldo.