Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2003, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 18 Jun 2003 09:20:50 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Aj <ajaya_u2002@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Outliers
Comments: To: Peter Flom <flom@NDRI.ORG>

First, thanks Peter.

I have some more questions regarding outliers. I have noticed that in "Proc Univariate" with Plot option will generate stem-and-leaf plot, a box plot and a normal probability plot.

It also says obs (possible outliers) greater than 1.5 IQR and less than 3 IQR are represented by CIRCLE, those greater than 3 IQR are represented by an ASTERISK.

I noticed, those are only possible outliers (not outliers) but still if those observations are greater than 3 IQR, wouldn't that be outliers in most cases?

Thanks, Ajaya