Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2003, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 18 Jun 2003 08:54:41 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Fehd, Ronald J. (PHPPO)" <rjf2@CDC.GOV>
Subject:      Re: JCL and SAS
Comments: cc: Yanal <fake@BYU.EDU>

> From: Yanal [mailto:fake@BYU.EDU] > I am using a s/390 ibm mainframe. To write sas programs and > run them, we > use JCL. We classify the Job to be of class A if it takes > less than two cpu minutes to complete, and G if it takes > longer than that. A jobs execute immideatly, G jobs get in > queue (which sometimes takes an hour or two to start). > > Someone told me that if you use PC sas to connect to the > mainframe and run your program it will run as a class A no > matter how long the job takes to execute. (using signon and > then rsubmit on PC sas). > > If that is the case, then there is a way (i think) to emulate > what PC SAS does in its communication with the mainframe to > run jobs as class A. > > does anyone know if there is some JCL code or some other > setting that i can use to emulate what PC SAS does to run > long jobs as a class A in this case?

yes, rsubmit is a good idea

you may want to examine a Hierarchical File Service (read UNIX=ASCII) aka HFS drive your LAN can 'see' your mainframe files on a virtual disk your PC runs SAS w/out rsubmit and a plain libname HFS '<dir-spec>';

check our most excellent archives: http://www.listserv.uga.edu/archives/sas-l.html search for: subject contains: tip PC sees mainframe file author's address: RJF2 since: Jun 2002 until: Oct 2002

Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2@cdc.gov