Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2003, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 20 Jun 2003 15:26:05 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Fehd, Ronald J. (PHPPO)" <rjf2@CDC.GOV>
Subject:      suggest: SOURCE3 returns path of macro like SOURCE2 for %include
Comments: To: SASware ballot <suggest@sas.com>

just as one can turn on options source2; and learn the file specification of an %included file how about doing the same for file specification of a macro? either add that functionality to source2 or perhaps options source3; but then the homonym two==too wouldn't work. upon first call of a macro with this option the log would say something like: 33 macro A_Name; NOTE: macro A_Name is in file C:\Program Files\SAS\ProjA\pgm\a_name.sas. or appropriate message about it being in the macro catalog, etc.

e-mail your SAS improvements to: suggest@sas.com Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2@cdc.gov