Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2003)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 16 Jul 2003 20:21:16 -0500
Sender:       Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         ajsophie <ajsophie@NETZERO.NET>
Subject:      Picked up a Hitchhiker

When I returned from town this afternoon I parked my car in front of the house to remove packages, etc. I left the car door open and when I returned a short time later I heard the fluttering of wings. First thought - BIG WASP! I looked in the back window and there was a female hummingbird trying her best to get out. I carefully cornered her - she sat on my finger, I gently put my other fingers around her - removed her from the car and watched her fly merrily away as if nothing unusual had just happened. It is so amazing to hold one of these weightless jewels in your hand!

Ann Stewart Rome, Georgia