Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2003)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 31 Jul 2003 15:58:56 +0100
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Peter Kaminski <Peter.Kaminski@glacomen.scot.nhs.uk>
Subject:      Re: Column in table with cum. %

I hate junk messages but your subject matter caused more than a ripple of mirth in my office

-----Original Message----- From: Paul Hover [mailto:pfhover2@yahoo.com] Sent: 31 July 2003 15:41 To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Column in table with cum. %

Dear all,

Spend a lot of time not solving this (simplified) situation. Didn't find a similar question in the listserve database either.

A database with 2 variables: 'quest' (values yes/no) and 'sex' (values m/f) With this syntax I make a table:

tables /ftotal=$1"total" $2 "total" /table=quest1 + $1 by sex + $2 /statistics cpct(sex(pct5.0)"":sex).

Now I would like to add an extra column in the table containing the cumulative percentages of $2 (the total of 'sex'). (not an extra 'cumulative variable' in the database!)

I tried using csum() and lag(), but that didn't work out.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Paul Hover