Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2003)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Mon, 28 Jul 2003 07:42:54 -0500
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Peck, Jon" <peck@spss.com>
Subject:   Re: viewer for SAV files
Comments:   To: Chris Evans <chris1@psyctc.org>

Things are not always what they seem. Running a second copy of an application shares the executables already in memory from the first copy, so the only extra memory load is for data areas. This will typically be only 1-2mb of memory if you are just viewing another data set in the Data Editor.

Regards, Jon Peck

-----Original Message----- From: Chris Evans [mailto:chris1@psyctc.org] Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2003 6:02 AM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: [SPSSX-L] viewer for SAV files

On 25 Jul 2003 at 13:40, fvillamayor-research@ferrergr wrote:

> Just open another instance of SPSS. Another data editor will open on > your screen and you will be able to open another data file.

Yes. I believe I can do that with 11.0.1 but it seems an extremely resource intensive way of just getting to see the structure and contents of my SAV data files. I had thought of the Excel export but again, clumsy and very resource hungry.

Surely there's an easier way or a viewer someone has written?

CPSYCTC: Psychotherapy, Psychology, Psychiatry, Counselling and Therapeutic Communities; practice, research, teaching and consultancy. Chris Evans & Jo-anne Carlyle http://psyctc.org/ Email: chris@psyctc.org