Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2003, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 7 Jul 2003 14:23:13 +0200
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Ace <b.rogers@VIRGIN.NET>
Subject:      Re: copy/paste in program editor (SAS on UNIX under Exceed)

On 7 Jul 03 12:12:11 GMT, Janis.Jekabsons@DRESDNER-BANK.COM (Jekabsons, Janis) wrote:

>I have never got it to work (on any platform) ... dd -- dd works. i10 works. >I would assume cc -- cc and p, or pp, or something like that should work, >but it doesn't ... > >I know <CTRL> - F and paste command from the menu works, but I would like to >know the margin commands (or whatever they are called ..), >since they are easier to use.

The line commands, as they're more commonly know, are indeed C/CC to Copy a line/block of lines, M/MM to Move, A for After and B for Before (also O for Overlay, which can be very useful). Oh, and R/RR to Replicate.

But you mustn't think of them as cut&paste - they're a completely different, internal to the SAS editor, mechanism, so won't interact with any other C&P operations.

HTH -- Ace in Basel - bruce dot rogers at roche dot com