Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2003, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 9 Jul 2003 15:19:05 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         tin-shun-jimmy chan <jimmy.chan@HEC.CA>
Subject:      Date problem

Hello,

I have a problem with date in my dataset. In fact, I have kind of following observations (character format, we read it as day/month/year):

9/1/1980 10/1/1980 11//1/1980 14/01/80 15/01/80 1/2/1980 2/2/1980 3/2/1980

Of course, the serie is much longer in my real dataset. I want to know how to convert it to a usable date observation because the date is important for my estimation.

Any suggestion and help will be very appreciated.

Thanks.