Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2003, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 9 Jul 2003 17:29:31 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Michael L. Davis" <michael@BASSETTCONSULTING.COM>
Subject:      Re: a question of delete  datasets

Hello Miranda and other SAS-L Friends,

Perhaps you will receive other suggestions but it looks to me like a job for the dictionary tables. Perhaps the following conference paper, "You Could Look It Up: An Introduction to SASHELP Dictionary Views," could be helpful. Look at the macros that start on page 4 for ideas on how to put together a list of data sets with nobs equal to 0. A link to this paper can be found at:

http://www.bassettconsulting.com/BT3004.pdf

HTH.

- Michael "Mad Doggy" Davis

At 02:11 PM 7/9/2003 -0700, miranda <mixiao@UCLA.EDU> wrote: >Hi All, >I have around 300 error data sets created under my libname Errr, I'd >like delete those error datasets if their nobs is 0. >How could I use proc datasets or any other better function to make >this work? > >Thanks.

Michael L. Davis Vice President Bassett Consulting Services, Inc. 10 Pleasant Drive North Haven CT 06473-3712 E-Mail: michael@bassettconsulting.com Web: http://www.bassettconsulting.com Telephone: 203-562-0640