Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2003, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 18 Jul 2003 12:40:43 -0600
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Jack Hamilton <JackHamilton@FIRSTHEALTH.COM>
Subject:      Re: Slow Friday - Noise
Comments: To: Edward_Gano@AHM.HONDA.COM

White noise generators just add to the total noise level. Premature deafness, anyone?

Have you looked at noise canceling headsets? They're expensive, and there's a lot of debate about which are best, but they seem to attack the real problem, not mask it.

Marpac makes an interesting set of products - white noise generators, flashing lights, and swimimng pool fillers.

-- JackHamilton@FirstHealth.com Manager, Technical Development Metrics Department, First Health West Sacramento, California USA

>>> "Edward Gano" <Edward_Gano@AHM.HONDA.COM> 07/18/2003 11:18 AM >>> Slightly off topic, Any ideas on how to mask noise in a NOISY office???

No doubt a problem for many programmers.

Our maint staff suggests the Sound Screen 980. We have no experience with portables and would welcome any suggestions from those that have been able to quiet their working environment.