Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2003, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 17 Jul 2003 16:31:51 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Mike Rhoads <RHOADSM1@WESTAT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Scheduling a job on Mainframe

Given the parade of Michaels providing (excellent) advice, I couldn't help but put my 2 cents in.

If the "every day except Monday" provides some sort of hurdle for your scheduling software and "every day" would be much easier to do, you could change your thinking slightly. Agree that your job will run every day, but put in some logic / macro code at the beginning so that it gracefully exits without doing anything on Mondays.

Mike Rhoads Westat RhoadsM1@Westat.com

-----Original Message----- From: Jeff Morison [mailto:jmt_mtf@YAHOO.COM] Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2003 12:16 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Scheduling a job on Mainframe

Thanks to all who responded to my earlier qn.

I have this SAS program on mainframe with pulls data from flat files, summarizes it, creates a SAS dataset and appends to it on a daily basis, I need to set it up to run every day of the week except Monday on mainframe.

Can anyone provide me some clues or ideas to do this?.

TIA, Jeff