Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2003, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 6 Aug 2003 14:41:50 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Delaney, Kevin P." <khd8@CDC.GOV>
Subject:      Re: Proc template in sharing environment
Comments: To: Basem <batawfic@YAHOO.COM>

Always fun to follow up my own post:

If you move the ODS PATH statement to before PROC TEMPLATE

ODS PATH tempstor.howlongcanmynamebe(update) sasuser.templat(update) sashelp.tmplmst(read); *(Good to give yourself update access to your own templates and READ ONLY access to SAS's templates);

You can then use PROC TEMPLATE without the store= option, and it will still write the template in the first itemstore in the path, in this case our new one with the ridiculous name...

proc template; define style newstyle ; parent =styles.barrettsblue; end; run;

You can also create a temporary Item store if you want:

Ods path work.tempstor(update) etc.;

Kevin Kdelaney@cdc.gov

-----Original Message----- From: Delaney, Kevin P. Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 2:14 PM To: 'Basem' Cc: 'SAS-L' Subject: RE: Proc template in sharing environment

Try :

Libname tempstor "C:\temp"; proc template; define style newstyle / store= tempstor.howlongcanmynamebe; parent =styles.barrettsblue; end; run;

ods path tempstor.howlongcanmynamebe sasuser.templat sashelp.tmplmst;

ods pdf file="C:\temp\Templates from the outside.pdf" style=newstyle; proc print data=sashelp.class; run; ods pdf close;

By the way, the answer to the "question" posed in the proc template is 32 characters for the item store and longer (not sure how long for the style name...

Kevin Kdelaney@cdc.gov

-----Original Message----- From: Basem [mailto:batawfic@YAHOO.COM] Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 12:29 PM Subject: Proc template in sharing environment

How can I define template that is not stored in SASUSER.TEMPLAT, because it is shared environment I always get the following error

ERROR: A lock is not available for SASUSER.TEMPLAT.ITEMSTOR, lock held by process 3067

so best way not to store any template in SASUSER.TEMPLAT, or is there any other way to avoid that error