Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2003, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 28 Aug 2003 09:10:56 -0400
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   John Hixon <john.hixon@KODAK.COM>
Subject:   Re: SAS Ballot Request? Option to "Maintain Hierarchy" for Proc REG?

SAS-L

I erred in my previous post when I said that Design Expert Software could not analyze Split-Plot and Nested designs. A colleague here at EK corrected me. DE *can* analyze these designs, if you are very careful. What it lacks is the ability to define terms as random, so you can use a Mixed Model approach to analyze split-plot designs or estimate variance components in nested/random designs.

Just wanted to clear up that point.

Best Regards,

John Hixon Eastman Kodak Company Rochester, NY USA 585-477-1984