Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2003, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 27 Aug 2003 16:33:28 +0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Hill Smith <ldh3@SINA.COM>
Subject:      How to merge observations?

Hi, all,

How can I merge several observations into one observation? For example, I have a data set named ret which has 12 observations,

Permno date1 Year1 Month1 ret1 prc1 MEflag1

Permno date2 Year2 Month2 ret2 prc2 MEflag2

Permno date12 Year12 Month12 ret12 prc12 MEflag12

Id like form only one observation

Permno date6 Year6 Month6 ret1, ret2, , ret12 prc6 MEflag6