Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2003, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 27 Aug 2003 19:12:25 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Melissa McClung <melissa.mcclung@DHHA.ORG>
Subject:      PROC GENMOD w/GEE

Fellow Users - I have a question regarding the applicability of GENMOD w/GEE to perform logistic regression. I have a dataset of visits to a health clinic where 75,000 patients have made 125,000 visits over the course of 12 years. 70% of patients have only made 1 visit to the clinic during the study period, 15% have made 2 visits and the remaining 15% have made more than 2 visits, ranging up to 34 visits/patient. Data are analyzed at the visit level and a specific diagnosis at the time of the visit is the dependent variable. Is it valid to use GENMOD w/GEE to perform logistic regression in order to account for multiple visits per patient? I obviously have a lot of missing data from SAS' standpoint. Any thoughts or suggestions? What should I use for the structure of the correlation matrix?

Thanks for your help. Melissa