Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2003)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 2 Sep 2003 16:07:21 +0200
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         MichaŽl Opgenhaffen
              <michael.opgenhaffen@SOC.KULEUVEN.AC.BE>
Subject:      Re: Bad news about SPSS 12.0
Comments: To: David Hitchin <D.H.Hitchin@sussex.ac.uk>

I think this 3d-effect is an option, thus we're not forced to use this...

At 15:01 2-9-2003 +0100, David Hitchin wrote: >I learn from ><http://www.spss.com/spssbi/spss/brochures.htm> >that SPSS 12.0 will include "3-D effects for pie and bar charts". > >Is there an honest statistician in his or her right mind who would >recommend these? > >There seems to be very strong case for arguing that everything >non-essential added to a plot makes it harder to read. Perhaps these >gimmicks could be useful when embarrassing information has to be displayed, >and some way has to be found to make it hard to read. > >David Hitchin