Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2003)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 1 Sep 2003 10:13:31 +0200
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Asesoría Bioestadística
              <bioestadistica@eresmas.net>
Subject:      Re: rules for presenting results from logistic regression

Hi Frank

> a simple question: Are there any rules how to present results from > logistic regression published on the web?

I don't know of any Web resource for taht, but this could be helpful:

Thomas A. Lang, Michelle Secic (1997): "How to Report Statistics in Medicine". ACP Series, Philadelphia. Chapter 7 (Reporting Regression Analyses), p 120, table 7.2.

The suggest the following information to be given (best viewed with fixed width font):

Var#1 (units) 0.44 0.11 16.00 <0.001 1.55 1.25 to 1.93 Var#2 (units) ........... Var#3 (coding)......

If the IV variables are quantitative, indicate always the units (cm, years, pounds...). If they are qualitative, indicate the categories, as well as the reference cell (Non smokers and Ex-smokers vs Smokers, Male/Female...).

Nonetheless, I normally use an abreviated form (not my invention, it was indicated to me by several good epidemiologists & statisticians):

Variable LR test P-value OR 95%CI

The use of LR test instead of Wald test is recommended by Hosmer&Lemeshow in their book ("Applied Logistic Regression"), due to the low power of Wald test.

HTH

Marta Garcia-Granero