Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2003)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 3 Sep 2003 09:08:36 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Elton Alexander Vasquez <elton.vasquez@warrillow.com>
Subject:      URGENT HELP - MERGE

I need to merge 4 different files (let's call them w1, w2, w3 & w4...about 4400 cases altogether) with a few common variables among them and the rest unique to each file.

What I started doing was to recode the common files and rename them exactly the same so I could have them for each one of the 4400 cases.

Then I started renaming the rest of the variables using the w1, w2 ,w3 & w4 format in front of their original names. Problem is, each file has about 400 variables and this is killing me.

I know next to nothing of synthax. Can anyone help me get out of this mess? Thanks so much!

--------------------------------------------------------- ELTON ALEXANDER VASQUEZ Warrillow & Co. (416) 368-8279, x240 Subscribe to Warrillow Weekly by visiting www.warrillow.com