Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2003, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 2 Sep 2003 14:58:32 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Jerry Prarat <gerald.prarat@FIRSTMERIT.COM>
Subject:      NOERRORABEND option ON OS390 (MVS)

I am curious to know if any MVS sites are using the SAS default option of NOERRORABEND. From what I have found so far, all (or almost all) MVS sites change this option to ERRORABEND. I AM ALSO TRYING TO DETERMINE WHAT KIND OF SERIOUS ERRORS MIGHT BE IGNORED WHEN NOERRORABEND IS IN EFFECT. For example, I know that when I run a batch job that writes to a disk output file, and the file runs out of space, SAS will continue processing like nothing happened IF NOERRORABEND is specified. If you know of other situations on MVS where NOERRORABEND can cause critical errors to go unnoticed, please let me know.

Thanks.