Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2003, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Sat, 13 Sep 2003 09:56:19 +0200
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Frank Hörstgen <spam@HOERSTGEN.COM>
Subject:   Column Names in macro variables

Hi all,

I have to put different sas tables into different XML-files (one file for each table).

The sas-table may look like this:

key name street city 10 paul kansas road new york 20 steven xy street washington .....

The column names (in example: key, name, street, city) are always different for each table. How can I put the names of the columns into macro variables (for example col1 - col4)?

Sorry for my poor english and thank you for your tips. Frank