Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2003, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 10 Sep 2003 13:21:11 +0200
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Groeneveld, Jim" <jim.groeneveld@VITATRON.COM>
Subject:   Re: merge
Comments:   To: KrzysOPoranku <KrzysOPoranku@INTERIA.PL>

Hi Krzys,

You are quite right. I've completely overlooked that. Sorry!

Regards - Jim.

Y. (Jim) Groeneveld MSc Biostatistician Vitatron B.V. Meander 1051 6825 MJ Arnhem The Netherlands +31/0 26 376 7365; fax 7305 Jim.Groeneveld@Vitatron.com www.vitatron.com

-----Original Message----- From: KrzysOPoranku [mailto:KrzysOPoranku@INTERIA.PL] Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2003 13:11 To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: merge

I've test Jim's solution but i got one more obserwation in output data:

417 data a; 418 i=1;output; 419 i=2;output; 420 run; NOTE: The data set WORK.A has 2 observations and 1 variables.

421 data b; 422 x=3; 423 run;

NOTE: The data set WORK.B has 1 observations and 1 variables.

425 DATA C; 426 IF _N_ EQ 1 THEN MERGE A B; 427 ELSE SET A; 428 RUN;

NOTE: There were 2 observations read from the data set WORK.A. NOTE: There were 1 observations read from the data set WORK.B. NOTE: There were 2 observations read from the data set WORK.A. NOTE: The data set WORK.C has 3 observations and 2 variables.

I think in this case you should use POINT= option or sth else ;-).

KrzysOPoranku