Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2003, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 Sep 2003 21:23:36 +0000
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Jian Mao <maojianj@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Thanks and one more time: data step quesiton
Comments: To: Venky.Chakravarthy@PFIZER.COM

--- "Chakravarthy, Venky" wrote:

The changes that you have mentioned mean:

(1) Only a zero after a 1 is considered the point of relapse except (2) When all values subsequent to a 1 are missing in which case RELTIME will be 1.

Count the number of missing values (MISSCNT) after the position of the first occurrence of 1 (FOUNDAT). After the algorithm completes its search of the array and assigns RELTIME, if FOUNDAT + MISSCNT = DIM(T) then we know that all values are missing subsequent to a 1 and RELTIME is reset to 1.

Try the following minimal changes and see if this is what you want. I am still not clear about ID=3. --- end of quote ---

This is exactly what I want. ID=3 is exactly should be exactly as you specified, no event, and replase time=0.

Thank you soooooo much, Venky, you are great!

--Jian---

_________________________________________________________________ Compare Cable, DSL or Satellite plans: As low as $29.95. https://broadband.msn.com