Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2003, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 11 Sep 2003 21:41:52 -0700
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Nitin Patil <nitinp@AXISTECH.COM>
Subject:   Authentication with Custom Authentication Package

Hello friends,

We have finger print based authentication solution for Windows 2000 professional. For that we replaced msgina with our Gina. In that we used MS-Access to store all information.

Now we want to give that security for network(ie. Domain-Workstation),

by Microsoft way. Our problem is that our database will be in Access database on the server, in which we place password, also biometrics data. We

want to verify fingerprint in server and then release the password.

For that how should we proceede. Please give guideline for that. Is SubAuthentication is the solution. I remind u that user will not give his password. He will only give his fingerprint template and userId.

Thanx in advance.

Nitin Patil