Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2003, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 19 Sep 2003 11:37:12 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "F. J. Kelley" <jkelley@UGA.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Slightly OT:  massive flood of apparent spam Microsoft e-mails

a new GIBE (GIBE-F, aka "SVEN"). the html "Microsoft patch" is fancier than the old version. There are also variants on "returned mail". Started seeing this yesterday, a real flood overnight. Our mail system is removing the attachment, so not too much craziness here, but mailboxes _are_ being flooded with this cr_p. --Joe

---- Original message ---- >Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 10:28:07 -0500 >From: Greg Woolridge <greg.woolridge@TAP.COM> >Subject: Slightly OT: massive flood of apparent spam Microsoft e-mails >To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > >My mailbox is being flooded this morning with messages from a number of >"Microsoft" sites and postmasters. All of the messages contain either info >on a new security patch from Microsoft or a note that a message I sent was >undeliverable. All of the Microsoft emails look like spam and I have not >been sending messages to the sites the postmasters say are undeliverable >(at least I don't think I am). The messages are coming at the rate of >about 10-15 every 5 minutes. Is anyone else experiencing this? > >Greg M. Woolridge >Manager, Study Programming >TAP Pharmaceutical Products Inc. >e-mail: greg.woolridge@tap.com >phone: 847-582-2332 >fax: 847-582-2403