Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2003, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 24 Sep 2003 08:33:16 -0400
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Howard Schreier <Howard_Schreier@ITA.DOC.GOV>
Subject:   Re: sql question numeric data in text field

The INPUT function can do the type conversion.

But that's assuming that you are using SAS native SQL. The bit about "before it is returned to SAS" suggests that maybe the problem involves pass-through SQL. In that case it depends on the features of the DBMS in question.

Also, it's not clear whether "check the value range" means (1) determine the range (by finding min and max, then subtracting) or (2) test individual values against some pre-specified range.