Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2003, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 25 Sep 2003 11:08:54 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Daniel Sharp <dmsharp@MATCMADISON.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Read Access Violation in Task (SQL)

Thanks to all for your help and responses. I ended up reinstalling all the hotfixes subsequent to my versions release and that did the trick. Apparently, when I had installed them previously, some may have not installed properly.

Regards,

Dan Sharp

>>> KrzysOPoranku <KrzysOPoranku@INTERIA.PL> 09/22/03 02:06AM >>> Daniel Sharp wrote:

> I am getting the following error message from a query and I am unable to > find out exactly what this means. Does anyone have an Idea? I am running > 8.2 on Windows 2000 and the data is on a Win2000 Server in a SQLServer > 2000 database. > > > ERROR: Read Access Violation In Task ( SQL ] > Exception occurred at (623D479E) > Task Traceback > > NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors. > NOTE: PROCEDURE SQL used: > real time 39.59 seconds > cpu time 0.63 seconds > > Thanks in advance. > Regards, > Dan Sharp

Have you instaled you SAS with DBCS support? If yes you should remove all DBCS statements form your sas config. Otherwise - search SAS tech support: http://support.sas.com/techsup/search/index.html

KrzysOPoranku