Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (November 2003)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 12 Nov 2003 16:02:58 +0100
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Spousta Jan <JSpousta@CSAS.CZ>
Subject:   Re: "do repeat" without writing variables

Hi Boris, why not write something like

do repeat v = v3 to v62 /vsd = vsd3 to vsd62. - comp vsd = (v - m1) / sdv1. end repeat.

instead of the two do repeats?

Greetings Jan

-----Original Message----- From: Boris Kleber [mailto:Boris.Kleber@uni-konstanz.de] Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 3:56 PM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: "do repeat" without writing variables

Hello

I have a rather simple syntax question for you but I can't really find the answer in the SPSS Syntax. The following Syntax:

compute m1 = MEAN (v3 to v62). execute.

compute sdv1 = SD(v3 to v62). execute .

do repeat v = v3 to v62 /m = m3 to m62. - comp m = v - m1. end repeat.

do repeat m = m3 to m62 /vsd = vsd3 to vsd62. - comp vsd = m / sdv1. end repeat.

execute.

...creates a set of m-variables and sdv variables. I actually only need the sdv variables and m is just the step towards them. Certainly I can modify the command in order not to write the m-variables. Could someone give me a tip?

Thanks a lot, Boris

Dipl. Psych. Boris Kleber EEG Laboratory, Center for Psychiatry Reichenau Lake Constance

Phone: +49 7531 88 4606 E-Mail: Boris.Kleber@uni-konstanz.de