Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2003)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 19 Nov 2003 10:07:51 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Daniel, Laura L." <DanielLL@vadoc.state.va.us>
Subject:      Read-only feature of 12.0

I have just installed 12.0. I know a new feature is allowing files to be read-only but where is this option? I was working in a file that I originally created in 11.0 and after making changes, I hit the save icon and received the following message:

"The specified file or directory is read-only and cannot be written to. Save the file with another name or to a different location or change the access permissions first."

When I go to File-Save as, the file saves fine. Its just hitting the save icon that I get that message. I tried saving it with a different name and it still wouldnt accept saving with the icon. I have gone to File-Mark File Read Write but it still doesnt allow the use of the save icon.

Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

Laura L. Daniel Agency Management Lead Analyst Virginia Department of Corrections danielll@vadoc.state.va.us (804) 674-3268 X 1247 Pager: 750-7769